Saturday, September 19, 2009

A quick matter of business...

So I wanted to take a moment to clarify the purpose of this blog for the time being. I've struggled with it a little, and I've admittedly had no specific audience in mind when writing my posts so far. What I've written has been mainly directed at the class and based on our discussions.
I've also done some more broad thinking about the usage of a blog in my classroom, which has lead me to some other ideas for purposes of this blog. Though I tend to brush off technology in most cases, I've really taken some time to think this one through. What if one day I want my students to do independent reading or recreational reading on their own time? Don't I want them to read books they like? And how will they know if they like them if they have no idea what they're about. So, perhaps, someday I will have a blog with book reviews for my students so they can find books that might interest them. I considered that as an audience for this class assignment. However, I really thought this limited the things I could say in my posts, and for the purposes of this class I want to be clear.
This blog is intended for not only the students in this class, but also future middle or high school teachers. They could theoretically read this blog and find books that are and are not suitable, appropriate, or interesting for their students. Each post will provide a summary, an expansion or analysis of a particular element, and its potential place in the classroom.
Just wanted to clarify!

No comments:

Post a Comment